Worcester is a hidden gem in Massachusetts, and what most people do not know is that Worcester’s theatre, dance, and arts scene is thriving. With 13 local colleges and universities, the ballroom community in Worcester is alive and well! If you find yourself saying, “Well, why Worcester for a ballroom competition?”, consider a few of these benefits of attending the Worcester Classic Annual Competition:
- Worcester is located an hour from both Providence and Boston, making it extremely accessible to teams from those areas.
- We offer free off street parking in a covered garage.
- Professional photographers are present at the comp, snapping shots of all your favorite on-the-floor moments you love to look back on.
- Each heat is video taped from two different angles and published on the Worcester Classic YouTube page for your viewing pleasure.
- The competition space is located in WPI’s Sports and Recreation Center, and it is a beautiful open space full of natural light, making every sequin on your Latin dress sparkle. (see “Venue and Parking” for images)
- Dance studios are available for use in the Recreation Center, with callbacks broadcast to the studios to ensure you never miss a number.
- Housing is available at WPI (and Clark if need be) for the night before the competition.